Friday 20 September 2013

Challenge complete!

Rebecca did complete her challenge before me - no real surprise there but I did complete it in good time ready to post to Wales for my nieces birthday.
It was while shopping for Rebecca's trainers that she had set the challenge. We had been looking at baby clothes for Ivy's birthday but all the very lovely clothes the girls liked were very expensive (we were in John Lewis!) As we walked past the sewing/knitting section Rebecca commented that I could make Ivy a present.
My reply was along the lines of " I don't knit clothes" - " well that could be your challenge" she responded - now what do you say to that! So she chose a pattern and armed with wool and needles and google!! I began my challenge! To be honest the knitting was miles easier than the sewing but it finally came together and for a first attempt I was quite pleased.
I adapted a beanie hat pattern to match the cardigan and crocheted some flowers to complete the set.
Ivy turned one today and first reports are promising! Perhaps I should listen to my children more often!!

1 comment:

I'd love you to share your thoughts and ideas..