Sunday 1 December 2013

Crafting for Christmas : Teachers gifts

If you read my blog regularly you will know two important pieces of information.
1) I like to give teachers a handmade gift (actually if time allowed I would like to give all homemade gifts but the kids have to eat and housework has to be kept at bay!!)
2) I am moving house 4 days before Christmas!
So with these two factors in mind I am trying to get things done early! Now the issue with posting gift ideas on here is that the recipient may just get a sneak peak - so if you fall into the gift category listed I am trusting you not to peak!! (I should clarify -when it says teachers that would not be all teachers only those actually teaching my children!)
I came across these beautiful baubles on Pinterest (great site but a definite enemy of housework!)

There is a great tutorial on beadandcord.com so I thought I'd give it a go.
The supplies all came from hobbycraft which is not the cheapest option but with time short it was the most convenient. Being an American site the measurements are in inches, a 3" ball is covered in 3" squares of fabric. The balls I purchased were in cm so slightly smaller but as long as the squares are cut to the same size as the diameter of the ball it works fine.

It has been a little bit of trial and error getting the shape and size of the star right but generally I am happy with the result!

So teachers gifts done onto the girls year books - oh and some packing I suppose!!

 

1 comment:

  1. And what's me too late to even do Christmas cards! I do however have the excuse of being out of the house for 45hour a week

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to share your thoughts and ideas..