Saturday 8 February 2014

Just for fun: or not! Sewing!!

So ten years ago with curtains to make and adjust I bought a sewing machine, and though I did do the curtains it has rarely seen the light of day since! On the few occasions I attempted to save time and use the machine, I ended up stressed, grumpy and sewing by hand so eventually I stopped trying and just spent days hand sewing stuff!
At the new house there are four sets of curtains that require shortening! So when the opportunity arose to attend a basic sewing machine session with the Material Girls I thought it was time to bite the bullet.
Lots of cake, coffee and experts on hand added up to a great evening, I didn't shout at the machine once and am so pleased with the end result!
The dilemma now is do I take up the curtains - or make more cushions!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love you to share your thoughts and ideas..