Sunday 12 May 2013

Princess

Till the girls could speak I got to choose their cakes - well I got to choose most things then! On the whole I love the transition from baby to toddler seeing their personalities develop and them begin to have ideas and opinions. However that does mean that sometimes they choose things that I might not!! Annie had a star party for her third birthday - this corresponded with her beginning playgroup in the stars group! but she was clear it was all to be red and white stars and this was great for me  - we made star invites, star decorations and came up with some star based games.


For her cup cakes  I drizzled red chocolate across the top and added a red sugarpaste star.
When it came to her cake - I came up with various star designs none of which met with her approval and although I would have put my foot down I wasn't particularly taken with any of the ideas anyway -  in the end I asked her what do you want then?!

 
                                              A princess cake!! 

I added a few stars though to be fair this was for my benefit really as she was just happy to have a princess!!


So come Annie's fourth birthday she was clear from the start  - it was to be a Cinderella birthday - forgetting the whole star cake discussion I foolishly suggested a pumpkin carriage cake - no Mummy I want a princess cake!!!



Her cupcakes were two tone icing with a blue chocolate shoe and some white sugar sprinkles!

I decided to make some items for her party bags and created a felt wand with each child's name on. I cut the hearts out with my big shot and for speed glued the inner heart and letters on with fabric glue, I then sewed the two halves together using blanket stitch stuffed them and sewed in a dowel which I had covered in light blue ribbon. I was pleased with them The older girls had a similar gift but as a hanging decoration  - I left out the stick and added a hanging ribbon.


 




It might be challenging at times living with three strong independent little girls who even now know their own minds but I wouldn't have it any other way, as I write Rebecca is sketching out her cake for June with the emphasis being on it being a flat cake - but that's a whole other story - as for next year Annie wants a Tinkerbell party so I guess that will be another princess then!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love you to share your thoughts and ideas..