Thursday 2 April 2020

Content


At the start of the year I was challenged to choose a word for the year - something that I would be reflecting on over the year, something that might challenge or inspire

After much deliberation I chose...





It summed up many things. That desire to be at peace where I am, in the situation I am in. Not looking at others, not measuring myself by any standard but God's

Little did I know just how challenging this would be in 2020. 
All normality swept away - my freedom gone, my choices limited.

 It wasn't supposed to be easy but seriously this is a whole new ball game !
Over this time I have been drawn back to a book I received at Christmas based on Psalm 23.

A Shepherd looks at Psalm 23 by W. Phillip Deller.












Being content is to recognise my master - the shepherd who leads me  and who cares for me whether it is in the green pastures or the dark valleys. The master who seeks to lead, guide, protect and care for me whatever the circumstances. So while my circumstances may have changed God remains the same. So right now I choose, I choose to rest in the green pastures and pray for those walking through the valleys.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love you to share your thoughts and ideas..