Friday 25 April 2014

Just for fun : Wild West!

When we were invited to a Wild West murder mystery party, amongst sorting out the practicalities we also needed to find costumes!! Keith's was relatively easy - a travelling preacher!

I on the other hand was to go as his sister - Just a little challenging - I guess I could have opted for jeans and a checked shirt with a cowboy hat but this is me, so several hours of research later I opted for a long skirt and blouse with bonnet and apron, pioneer woman style. Problem is I have no apron or bonnet!

I do on the other hand have fabric and a sewing machine!

The apron was relatively straight forward.

The bonnet proved a little more challenging, but with the help of several internet sites and kind of making it up as I went along .....

I didn't even shout at the sewing machine!

I think the children model it a lot better than me!

It was a fun evening, even though I didn't solve the crime, or achieve all of my goals and it turns out my brother is a double crossing cattle thief ! Shocking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love you to share your thoughts and ideas..