Tuesday 1 April 2014

Life from the back of the pack : growing up too fast

One big change to modern society is that children are growing up much faster, puberty is getting earlier and this is scary especially for a Mum of three girls!
For us discovering that Rebecca was beginning to sweat, and smell! At 8 was both sad and frightening, are the mood swings signs of changes going on in her body rather than a phase? Well time will tell but in the meantime we needed to take action, kids can be cruel and labels stick. So when washing and changing her clothes regularly didn't work I had to turn my attention to deodorants - but which one of the hundreds available, perfume free was good, but what about the other ingredients? There is lots of discussion about the use of aluminium and to be honest it's all a bit bewildering. What was clear was that she needed something so she didn't smell and I needed to know it was gentle and not causing her harm.
So when I found this on line it appeared to be just what I was looking for
www.wekeepitkind.com
Tracking it down was a little challenging - the sales assistant in boots assured me that they did not sell it! Fortunately a quick look in the deodorant aisle proved that this was not the case.
And it works! I have much to learn, it was a different world when I was a teenager.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love you to share your thoughts and ideas..