Wednesday 26 March 2014

40Acts : Day 19 Still going strong!

For me to be sticking with a lent series 19 days in is a real achievement, I've tried to follow programmes before and have good intentions but somehow they all go by the wayside.
For me I think the practical side of the 40 Acts reflections helps, I enjoy the challenges and that they are grounded in reality, and when it comes down to it blessing people is fun!
Some of the challenges are easier than others, I failed completely on Day 14, anonymous giving - I did make some gifts but at least two of the three guessed who they were from!!
Today's challenge involved using our words to bless, to write and encourage someone today.
“Kind words are like honey - sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.” - Proverbs 16:24
I think we were meant to leave a note for a stranger, but I decided that today I would (hopefully! ) bless my husband with a note - not sure he has found it yet!
I am already planning for Easter! and looking forward to where the challenges will take me over the next few weeks.
http://www.40acts.org.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love you to share your thoughts and ideas..