Thursday 13 March 2014

40Acts: Day Six - Reach

Yesterday we were challenged to write out our spheres of influence and to see the places where we can be an influence for good. The reflection by Shaun King left me with some questions - what is influence? Who am I influenced by and who do I influence? Some big questions, I guess the problem I had was the criteria he used to define the people we have influence on which I didn't particularly agree with.
Saying that I found it helpful to draw a pictorial representation of the areas of my life that can be a means of influence ( hopefully for good!) I tried to make it representative so the size reflecting either the number of people or the amount of influence but as I was making it up as I went along it is not a totally accurate picture but a rough approximation. I reflected on how this picture mighthave looked a year ago, or perhaps ten years ago.
We were also encouraged to share a positive story of love, kindness or generosity with one of these spheres.

Sometimes it is the simple things that encourage me and speak to me and when I picked up two of my craft letters that Annie had sneaked up stairs they inspired me to create a collection of encouraging statements based on being not doing. I am not sure it totally meets the brief but of all the things I might share these two letters have come back again and again. So please join in and leave a positive and encouraging word to complete the statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love you to share your thoughts and ideas..