Tuesday 18 March 2014

40Acts: Moving ... Slowly

So I haven't given up but the last few days reflections are taking some time to think through and put into action and that's ok!
Some like listening, well they are skills I need to practice constantly, the problem is I talk too much! So the challenge for me is to be still and to really listen, not for just one day but every day.
Then we were challenged to share a talent, I am still thinking the best way to do this one - I love teaching, the question is how and what? So perhaps you can help? I can teach cake decorating, sugar paste flowers, crochet, felting, paper crafts or scrapbooking, so if you live in the Cambridge area and would like to learn a new skill leave a comment with your preference and contact details - preferably e-mail!
Yesterday's challenge was all sorted -doing something green! I had a plan and everything was in my favour. I was going to abandon the car, scoot the girls to the leisure centre for Sophie's gymn class then scoot back - fun, fitness and definatly a green option even the sun was shining.
Then I picked them up from school and Annie is not feeling well, so I cuddle Annie and Keith rearranges his day and drives Sophie to gymn! Doh! But this challenge like listening is not about one day, so once the spud is better I will walk to gymn and look for other opportunities to ditch the car.
Which brings us up to date and the encouragement to remember to be childlike and accept people as they are without assumption and preconceptions. This isn't the sort of challenge that fits in a neat sentence or photo, it takes place in snippits of conversation on the playground, at the corner shop and it's ongoing.
These challenges are simple in themselves but they require a change of attitude and they are things that need practice, I will still kick myself when I forget, they key is to not give up, to keep going until it becomes second nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love you to share your thoughts and ideas..