Friday 7 March 2014

40Acts: Day Three - Using your gifts

Baroness Cox used this verse as the basis for her reflection today:
Certainly you made my mind and heart; you wove me together in my mother’s womb.”
Psalm 139:13
She encouraged us to make a list if our tools, that is the skills and abilities that God has given us, and to consider how we might use them during this project, today's challenge was to choose one of these tools and use it to bless someone.
It is a good challenge and writting the skills list was fine but I have struggled with this today for two reasons,
a) I like time to plan, think ahead so receiving the challenge on the day was unsettling
b) I was out all day!
However I knew who I wanted to bless so I did have a starting point at least!
So I took some time out after school to make a card and write to some friends who are going through a tough time, it is posted with love and prayer and the hope that it may bring some encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love you to share your thoughts and ideas..