Saturday 22 March 2014

40Acts: People love cake!

I love cake, let's be honest I love eating cake! But I love making cakes for people even more, so todays challenge was right up my street!
Make cake then give it away!
Cake making was already scheduled in for today - on Thursday Annie had given me a 'love' card promising to make me a cake and so we had planned to do this while daddy ran this morning.
We were just starting our challenge cakes when Keith got home so he was able to help supervise the baking!

The challenge for us was how to give them away.
Our first batch were posted on a local 'items for sale' Facebook page - 8 cakes - for free!
Keith and the girls then took cakes to our neighbours which was great as we have only been here for three months so it gave them an opportunity to say hello.
It was fun and hopefully made a few people smile today, and as for the promise cake?
She did good!
Annie did the piping and I was seriously impressed !
We had a busy day - and we even managed to complete the first week of our go local challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love you to share your thoughts and ideas..